Server Status

Keep TEW Active

Search Box

Site Contributions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkmithoron
Mithoron
Guild Founder

re: The Eternal Watch Update (July 2011)

I am sending this to all TEW members, as well as posting on the web sites. If you belong to more than one site (WoW, Rift, etc.) you may get more than one PM, my apologies, but it was easier to send to "All Guild members" from each site to make sure everybody got it.

This is primarily a "TEW Where We Are Now and the Future" update. There have been a lot of questions concerning TEW, where it stands today, and what I plan to do in the future, so figured this would be the best way to relay that information.

Current State of the Guild:

As to a current status, a lot of people have migrated away from WoW. Some are still playing WoW in other guilds and haven't really left TEW, but are merely looking for people to play with in the same game. Others have moved to Rift. And yet others have moved on to play various and sundry other games. I believe a lot of people are waiting for the "Next Big Thing" in terms of MMO's.

Our strongest in terms of guild activity (both in-game and on the web sites) has been Rift. A lot of people have and are trying out Rift...I encourage you all to play if you are tired of WoW. Rift offers a change which a lot of people have been looking for; however, a lot of people have grown stale with the game as well.

In looking at the web site statistics, we have about two dozen people who have visited the WoW site in the last month. Another two dozen have visited the Rift site. Of those, about half are cross-overs (i.e., visiting both sites). To me that means there are about 30-40 people still keeping tabs on what's going on with the guild. And like me, I think we're all thinking about the "Next Big Thing" out there. Although I was hoping it would be Rift, time has slowly dwindled the active players to a handful. Many still visit the boards, but don't play the game.

Current State of Mithoron:

For me I have recently relocated to a new position in my job in VA near Silverdragon, Soulcatcher, Holler, and Sarisha. I've been looking for a home and hopefully will be closing on a new house mid-August (keeping fingers crossed). As such, my play times have diminished remarkably--even worse than when I was traveling. I've been playing a lot of single-player games mainly since I only have an hour here or there at a time to play, and getting involved in an MMO isn't worth while and is more frustrating due to lack of time. As such, I haven't even played Rift in well over 2 months.

That does not mean I am not interested in playing, or playing games entirely. But with time being a premium, I just haven't had the time to get involved. Hopefully that will change soon!

Future of the Guild:

The next thing coming on the horizon is Star Wars: The Old Republic. That has been the gist of a lot of questions, so I will state the following as far as I know it:
  • YES, the guild will be playing SWTOR
  • NO, I have not decided upon a faction yet (although I love Sith, hehehe)
  • YES, there is a web site (see below)

Beyond that, I have no idea how we'll work things out. There will be raiding, there will be endgame content the guild will hopefully participate in. There seems to be enough interest from all players to warrant this message...

In addition, there has been some interest in the upcoming Planetside 2 game. Wyldstrike has asked if he could be the standard bearer for that game for TEW and I've given him my blessing. For those interested in playing with "family," contact him for more information...as well as visiting the TEW Planetside 2 website.

TEW Websites:

The main purpose of this message besides the updates above, is to give you an idea of what's going on with the guild, as well as new games and sites for the game.

List of current TEW websites (in order of activity):

In addition, I'd like to add to that our two newest sites as mentioned above:

Both of the above sites I haven't fully fleshed out; however, if you are interested in either game, feel free to "Apply to Guild" so I can get the permissions and such all settled out. As has always been my credo, "Once TEW, Always TEW" so any past or present members, including those playing other games or for any game, are welcomed. Same holds for Officers, so with the number of people interested in SWTOR, don't be surprised to see a large number of officers from both WoW and Rift combined as things slowly settle out.

As mentioned, I currently don't have enough time to add content to either site, so hopefully you all will pitch in and populate the sites with game information. If there are suggestions for the forums or content, feel free to post or PM me and we'll see what we can do. Right now, as I've mentioned, Wyldstrike is working on the Planetside 2 angle, while Laurana/Phaize Darkwalker will be helping out on the SWTOR side; however, that does not mean everybody cannot help! As each game slowly gets more mature in terms of development, news items and new content is constantly revealed, so your help will be appreciated in populating the sites, particularly until I can get all my house stuff in order!

Future Changes to the Sites:

As always, the "paid subscriptions" allowing unlimited uploads to the picture/file galleries typically goes to the sites with the most activity. Up until now, that has been WoW and Rift; however, as SWTOR slowly becomes a reality (beta starts in September) I have a feeling people will be visiting that more often. The WoW site has slowly dwindled to 1-2 messages a month, while Rift still has a strong following. As such, I will eventually be moving the paid subscription from the WoW site to the SWTOR site. Depending on the interest to Planetside 2, we may make that a paid subscription site as well, but for now, we'll see how it pans out.

The impact on the WoW site going from paid to free subscription on Guild Launch will be seen primarily for those who visit with browsers not blocking advertisements, you will now see ads on the site. In addition, you will no longer be able to upload pictures or files to the site as once it becomes a "free subscription" it will have reached its limit on size due to already being beyond that. Guild Launch does not delete existing content; however, the free limit of 10 Mb has already been met (currently at ~350 Mb), so people will no longer be able to upload pictures and whatnot to the site. When I switch over is still up for debate, but once the SWTOR site takes off, that will be the site I will have on subscription...and again, depending on the interest to other games, other changes may occur.

Nobody has donated to the TEW fund for some time. This year with nobody donating, I've invested $250 into the TEW funds to keep the WoW, Rift, and Ventrilo subscriptions alive. Hopefully if the SWTOR site takes off, people will have an active interest in the guild again and will be more amendable to helping out the guild, but for now, it's all been up to me...hence my update on what I'll be doing to the sites sometime in the future.

As always, I hope to see all of you in a game soon, and maybe it will be SWTOR come the end of the year!

Mithoron

Retired:

Dragon Nest - Mithoronette (60 Spirit Dancer), Mithoronett (60 Soul Eater)
Star Wars the Old Republic - Mithoron (50 Sith Sorcerer)
Rift, Keenblade - Mithoronette (50 Riftstalker)
World of Warcraft, Icecrown - Darkmithoron (80 Deathknight), Mithoronakon (82 elemental Shaman), Mithoronakei (80 Resto Shaman)
Age of Conan, Wiccana - Mithoronette (80 Herald of Xotli)
Aion, Triniel - Mithoron (40 Spiritmaster)
Lineage 2, Seighart - Ladymithoron (55 Phantom Summoner), Wraithmithoron (50 Spellhowler)
Asheron's Call II OLD: Wraithmithoron (58 Zealot), Mithoron (55 Invoker), Deldharn (60 Clawbearer)
Ahseron's Call II NEW: Mithoronette (46 Zealot)
Asheron's Call I, Harvestgain - Mithoron (100 Battlemage)    

Croyd:
...this is not a democracy. It's a Mithocracy!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Eternal Watch (WoW) Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: